Latest Release from the VBA
The VBA has recently released some information on how to minimise foundation movement. After the project has been handed over it is the homeowners’ responsibility to ensure that the foundations are protected.
Some useful tips on protecting the foundations after handover are the following…
Maintaining your home.
1. Paths must slope away from the house preventing water from flowing towards the building
2. Weep holes are not to be covered by concrete or garden beds
Landscaping and tree maintenance
1. Ensure no trees are planted around the building
2. Gutters are cleaned out regularly
3. Ensure garden beds are NOT excessively watered
These simple tips can ensure that there are no structural defects throughout the life span of the building and also ensures safety for the occupants of the building.